The Truth Value Project is a project that has as goals to help restore a sense of confidence in the news and information that is circulated in our society. Fake news and mis-information erode the core values of democracy, mutual respect, and freedom of a society. The project goals are:
- Provide services that inform users across the world of whether particular news items (such as articles published in websites or Facebook posts) are likely to be accurate, or should be checked with care.
- Provide services that foster debate on the truth or reliability of news items, including Wikipedia news.
- Provide the means for people to compare opinions and points of view, and perhaps reach a shared understanding.
- Develop the algorithms, mathematical insights, machine-learning techniques, and research into computer science and human behavior to enable the above concrete goals.
- Project homepage: https://truthvalue.org/
- Eugenio Tacchini, Gabriele Ballarin, Marco L. Della Vedova, Stefano Moret and Luca De Alfaro, "Some Like it Hoax: Automated Fake News Detection in Social Networks", in SoGood workshop at the ECML/PKDD Conference, Sept. 2017, Skopje, Macedonia, CEUR Workshop Proceedings, Volume 1960, 2017. ISSN: 16130073. http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-1960/paper2.pdf
Eugenio Tacchini, Stefano Moret, Gabriele Ballarin, Luca de Alfaro, Massimo Di Pierro